none
Please help me figure out Non-Working days!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everybody,

I am new to Project and I am having a REALLY hard time figuring out ONE thing!

I have all of the dates for our project put in and it appears to the right on the Gantt chart.

After entering all the main timeline dates, I needed to add days that were non-working and holidays, which I did by entering them in the Change Working Time option and saved them.

My question, that I cannot seem to find anywhere is, HOW do I get those non-working dates to appear on the chart to the right so my boss can see them along with the tasks?

I have gone into timescale and chosen a color and pattern, but they still do not show up there??

Is this not a possibility?  

Monday, February 9, 2015 9:36 PM

All replies

• HOffmane21,

Double click on the timescale to bring up the Timescale window. Then select the non-working time tab. Make sure the calendar is set for the custom calendar you created for holidays.

If you customized the Standard calendar and it is not showing the holidays on the Gantt, then perhaps you didn't set up the holidays correctly. In that case, please tell us exactly how you added the holidays.

If this answers your question, please mark it as the answer.

John

Monday, February 9, 2015 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

The other point is that if your Gantt chart is displaying weeks and the non-working time is for less than a week, it won't display. The non-working period must be greater than the lower tier's date unit to display.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:02 AM