Get The device not ready when start debug the smart device application. RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently trying to develop smart phone application and I successfully compiled it, but when I try to run / debug it through the device emulator, it always give me a error said "The device is not ready" even if I start the device emulator and connect it, I wonder what is still missing and what step I have to follow?

also I think, device emulator just a virtual device, if real device should install some kind environment, then how about device emulator, how can I install certain library to make application runable with device emulator?

Friday, December 10, 2010 7:17 PM

Answers

•  

Hi J.Me,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum, I'm Jesse and I will do my best to solve your issue.

For you issue please reinstall the Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Tool Kit.

I think it should be some files miss on your machine.

If you still have any doubts and concerns about this issue, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Friday, December 17, 2010 3:45 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 7:31 AM

All replies

•  

Hi J.Me,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum, I'm Jesse and I will do my best to solve your issue.

For you issue please reinstall the Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Tool Kit.

I think it should be some files miss on your machine.

If you still have any doubts and concerns about this issue, please let me know.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Friday, December 17, 2010 3:45 AM
    Monday, December 13, 2010 7:31 AM
  •  

Hi,

I'm very interested in hearing more about your issue, did you solve your problem?

If so please share the solution with us and mark the right answers.

If not please let me know and I will tray to help you find further solutions.

Have a nice day!

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 11:29 AM
  •  

Hi J.Me

I marked my reply as answer, if your issue has not been solved please unmark it and update the thread.

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]

Friday, December 17, 2010 3:50 AM