none
Does the Seller Dashboard provide a sandbox? RRS feed

Answers

• We don't have a (public) way of doing this with the Office Store api - however you can get very very close with a SharePoint app catalog - just navigate & load your XML file (if it parses schema validation then it will populate the list). Then, assuming you've wired up the app catalog in Trust Center Manage Trusted Catalogs you'll be able to test insertion, icons etc etc

Hope  this helps...

..pc

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:10 AM

All replies

• We don't have a (public) way of doing this with the Office Store api - however you can get very very close with a SharePoint app catalog - just navigate & load your XML file (if it parses schema validation then it will populate the list). Then, assuming you've wired up the app catalog in Trust Center Manage Trusted Catalogs you'll be able to test insertion, icons etc etc

Hope  this helps...

..pc

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:10 AM
  • Thanks Patrick!

Unfortunately, I've been unable to test deploying to SharePoint as my O365 SharePoint instance is under an extended upgraded. I've been having challenges with that approach but, it's being covered in a separate thread and I won't bifurcate the issue here.

Forrest suggested that I try publishing to a local network share and this I've done and been successful so, my level of confidence is increased that the process will work. Once the O365 site is back, I will, of course, try publishing there too.

Clearly, my vote would be on Microsoft providing a sandbox within the store too so that we may test using as close a facsimile as possible to the intended scenario. 

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:09 PM