using mssms connection to ssis services "Access Is Denied" RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends

my mssms client and ssis services  are SQL 2012 version

But my client and the server is not the same domain, On the server has a "ssis984" local account, on the client also has a smae local account, when using "ssis984" account to connect to the server , prompt "Account Is Denied",

When I use another client of the same domain, using a "ssis984" domain acccount for connection to the server, and the ability to connect success.

dcomcnfg.exe permissions I had been configured.

It is a reason of a domain? I should how to solve????????

Thanks!

==========================

resolved!

Added to the "Distributed COM Users" group

• Edited by devin brook Monday, September 19, 2016 8:12 AM
    Monday, September 19, 2016 7:48 AM

Answers

• hi friends

But my client and the server is not the same domain, On the server has a "ssis984" local account, on the client also has a smae local account, when using "ssis984" account to connect to the server , prompt "Account Is Denied",

When I use another client of the same domain, using a "ssis984" domain acccount for connection to the server, and the ability to connect success.

Thanks!

resolved!

Regards, Seif

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Monday, September 26, 2016 11:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:44 AM

All replies

• adding your machine to the remote domain, or making your local domain trusted, there are two approaches commonly used to get around this problem. Both work equally well for Management Studio, Visual Studio, SSDT, Excel, and many other applications that support passing Windows credentials. To keep things simple, I'm going to stick to the most common use case, Management Studio.

runas /netonly

The method I use is the Windows built-in runas command. This allows you to run an application with Windows credentials you provide on the command line. The syntax is relatively simple:

runas /netonly /user:domain\username "c:\path\ssms.exe"

Refer in link

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/3250/connect-to-sql-servers-in-another-domain-using-windows-authentication/

Please click Mark As Answer if my post helped.

Monday, September 19, 2016 8:15 AM
  • hi friends

Thanks!

resolved!

Regards, Seif

• Proposed as answer by Seif Wang Monday, September 26, 2016 11:52 AM
    • Marked as answer by Eric__Zhang Thursday, September 29, 2016 7:49 AM
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:44 AM