How to change color in the Metro Apps.

Answers

• d r h,

It is not possible to change the color of the non-Metro apps inside of Windows Developer Preview. 

You can remove one of the duplicated applications by right clicking on the icon and selecting Unpin.

I hope this helps, please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Monday, November 21, 2011 12:43 PM
  • One way is to put them in different location or seprate location. It is pre-Beta version and these applications are NOT metro compatible and as Windows Development going forward , these issues will resolve.
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:39 PM

All replies

• d r h,

It is not possible to change the color of the non-Metro apps inside of Windows Developer Preview. 

You can remove one of the duplicated applications by right clicking on the icon and selecting Unpin.

I hope this helps, please post back with your results.

Thanks,

Chris
    Monday, November 21, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Hi Chris

Those icons may look like duplicates but they are not.

One should read 'Start Google Earth in Open GL' while the other 'Start Google Earth in DirectX' but they look the same.

Regarding the other two, one is the guided tour for Pinnacle Studio 15 while the other is the guided tour for Avid Studio.

If I ever wanted to use any of those I would not have a clue which was which. In these particular cases I probably would not use Metro anyway but that is not the point. If it is your intention that everything should move towards being done in Metro then every icon should be identifiable, either by colour coding or by grouping other than just alphabetically (when unpinned).

David

Monday, November 21, 2011 1:59 PM
  • Alternatively, either of the following might occur when the mouse hovers over an icon

1.  A 'tool tip' appears with the full name of the icon.

2.  The icon enlarges to show the full name. 

Monday, November 21, 2011 2:11 PM
  • One way is to put them in different location or seprate location. It is pre-Beta version and these applications are NOT metro compatible and as Windows Development going forward , these issues will resolve.
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:39 PM