Excel - spell check not working within VBA RRS feed

• Question

• I have a excel worksheet where I want to run a VBA to create a PDF of a certain range of cells, but before the PDF is created I need a spell check.

This worked OK for me in Excel 10, but since moving to 365 the spell check crashes.   

Spell check works fine manually, but not with the VBA.  

Code i am using is

.Range("B2:CT3069").CheckSpelling

When the macro runs, it opens the spell check dialogue, and will only let me press cancel, it wont let me use any of the suggested corrections.

Frustratingly it does work intermittently but i'm yet to isolate the reason why!

Please note this is in windows7.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

Considering that your question is mainly related to using VBA in Excel, to help you better solve the problem, I will move the thread to Excel for Developers forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 2:27 AM