Can Not Change New Item Form for Tasks List on MOSS 2007 SP2 Team Site using Sharepoint Designer 2007 SP2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have MOSS 2007 SP2 and Sharepoint Designer 2007 SP2 running on Windows Server 2007 SP2.

I am trying to create a modified New Item Form for the MOSS 2007 Tasks List using SPD 2007.
    I am following the procedure in the MSPress book Microsoft Office Sharepoint Designer 2007 Step by Step Chapter 5.

I did the following:
      1. using Sharepoint CA, created a new Web Application.
      2. using Sharepoint CA create a new site collection using the Team Site template.
      3. Open the team site in SPD 2007 and sign in as site administrator.
          3a. In the SPD Folder List expand Lists.
          3b. Expand Tasks under Lists.
          3c. Right click on NewForm.aspx and select Copy.
          3d. Under Lists, right click on Tasks and select Paste.
          3e. Rename Lists/Tasks/NewForm_copy(1).aspx to Lists/Tasks/NewTask.aspx.
          3f. Under Lists, right click on Tasks and select Properties.
          3g. On the List Properties dialog box select the Supporting Files tab.
          3h. Under New Item Form, hit the Browse button.
          3i. In the popup list select NewTask.aspx. The List Properties New Item Form now shows Lists/Tasks/NewTask.aspx. 
          3j. Hit the Apply and OK buttons.
          3k. In the Folder List right click on Tasks and select Properties.
          3l. On the Support Files tab, the New Item Form now shows Lists/Tasks/NewForm.aspx instead of Lists/Tasks/NewTask.aspx.

How do I change the New Item Form for the MOSS 2007 SP2 Tasks List using Sharepoint Designer 2007 SP2 if the change that I make is not saved and is changed back to NewForm.aspx  ?

How do I get the MOSS 2007 Team site to display the NewTask.aspx page in the browser when the New button is hit when the Tasks list is displayed?

• Edited by DonBaechtel Friday, May 15, 2009 9:38 PM fix
    Friday, May 15, 2009 9:38 PM

Answers

• Be sure that, right after step 3g that you select the item type under 'Content type specific forms:', NOT Folder.  The item type will vary based on the type of list, but select whatever is NOT Folder.

M.
    Marc - Sympraxis Consulting LLC - Marc's Blog
    • Marked as answer by DonBaechtel Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:17 PM
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 3:15 AM

All replies

• Be sure that, right after step 3g that you select the item type under 'Content type specific forms:', NOT Folder.  The item type will vary based on the type of list, but select whatever is NOT Folder.

M.
    Marc - Sympraxis Consulting LLC - Marc's Blog
    • Marked as answer by DonBaechtel Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:17 PM
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 3:15 AM
  • THANKS Marc.

That fixed it.
    Sunday, May 17, 2009 12:17 PM