Adding Icons to Toolbar? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As ImageList takes more time  when form loads, I want to avoid it. Can any tell me How to add Icons to ToolBar with out using ImageList.

Thanks In Advance
    Tuesday, January 9, 2007 3:24 PM

Answers

• I am not aware of any other way to add images to a ToolBar short of using an ImageList.  Are you noticing a particular slow-down when using an ImageList?  I very much doubt the ImageList itself would be the source of any significant slow-down; more likely that just loading the resources is taking a while.

Are you using appropriately-sized images? (something like 16x16 pixel bitmaps).  If your images are quite big, that might result in a significant performance hit, but there's no need to use a big resource to display a small icon in the toolbar.

--Jeff

Thursday, February 1, 2007 6:01 PM

All replies

• I am not aware of any other way to add images to a ToolBar short of using an ImageList.  Are you noticing a particular slow-down when using an ImageList?  I very much doubt the ImageList itself would be the source of any significant slow-down; more likely that just loading the resources is taking a while.

Are you using appropriately-sized images? (something like 16x16 pixel bitmaps).  If your images are quite big, that might result in a significant performance hit, but there's no need to use a big resource to display a small icon in the toolbar.

--Jeff

Thursday, February 1, 2007 6:01 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your respone.
    As I observerImage List takes time when it retrieve from resource. Is there any other solution for this.

Thanks in Advance,
    Saturday, February 3, 2007 5:32 AM