none
WCF and Web Service Timeout Diffrence RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I do have two console application  and both are accessing the  same service. From client side ,one application is using wsdl client  and another application is using WCF client.<o:p></o:p>

WCF client has the following web configuration.<o:p></o:p>

<binding name="xxx" closeTimeout="00:01:00" openTimeout="00:01:00" receiveTimeout="00:10:00"sendTimeout="00:00:04" allowCookies="false" bypassProxyOnLocal="false" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard" maxBufferSize="65536" maxBufferPoolSize="524288" maxReceivedMessageSize="65536" messageEncoding="Text" textEncoding="utf-8" transferMode="Buffered"><o:p></o:p>

And the Wsdl client has the timeout as following in the code.<o:p></o:p>

proxyObj.Timeout = 4000<o:p></o:p>

I am logging the time before and after the service call and seeing the Time Difference. <o:p></o:p>

When We see the Log, the WCF Client time taken is always taking  0.5 sec greater than the WSDL Client. And when it is timeout, the WCF client timeout difference is timing out after 4.5 sec and the WSDL Client is timing out on 4 sec.<o:p></o:p>

Can you explain me why?<o:p></o:p>

Thank You,

Usha

Monday, April 28, 2014 3:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I see that you have used the wsdl client, then do you mean that the wsdl client is the client generated by using wsdl?

And I have test in my side, and timeout value is the same.

Then it will better if you can post your project here, then I want to have a test in my side.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 1, 2014 6:59 AM