Team query in TFS Project RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have Added new Folder called UAT Testing under team query.

I have created  two bugs under team query (so everyone has visibility on it), when we raise BUGS  it should automatically go to this new query under(UAT Test) but it saved in to other folder, I want to move those in to under UAT Test.

PFA.

Regards

Sreedhar

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi Sreedhar,

You need to create a team query to retrieve the UAT testing bugs. That being said, you need have a filter/where condition to identify the UAT bugs on the team query. 

You can create the bug/wi anywhere on the team project but they won’t be stored under the folder like creating SharePoint document or source files.

The query folders are used to categorize/arrange the different queries so that it is easy to get the queries (It is like favorite folder in IE)

Regards,

Adhi

• Proposed as answer by Adhithan Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by John QiaoModerator Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Sreedhar,

You need to create a team query to retrieve the UAT testing bugs. That being said, you need have a filter/where condition to identify the UAT bugs on the team query. 

You can create the bug/wi anywhere on the team project but they won’t be stored under the folder like creating SharePoint document or source files.

The query folders are used to categorize/arrange the different queries so that it is easy to get the queries (It is like favorite folder in IE)

Regards,

Adhi

• Proposed as answer by Adhithan Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by John QiaoModerator Thursday, January 12, 2012 2:47 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Hi Adhi,

Yes, I have done this, Thanks for your response.

Regards

Sreedhar

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:57 AM
  • Hi Sreedhar, 

Thanks for your post.

Has this issue been resolved?   

For more information about work item tracking, please refer to this article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/bharry/archive/2009/05/18/tfs-2010-work-item-tracking.aspx.   

John Qiao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Hi John Qiao,

The issue is resolved.

Regards

Sreedhar

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 12:36 PM