none
EV code signed kernel driver for PCI-Express video capture card RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! We just signed the kernel driver for new PCI-Express video capture card and it is signed successfully with EV code signing. Our driver need to be compatible to Windows 7, 8, 8.1 & 10. I tried and the signed driver can be installed and properly ran on Windows 10. Is it necessary to run HLK/HCK test then submit to Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal? since it is quite complicated to set up HLK test environment and we urgently need to launch out product to market.

Thank you!

Steve

Thursday, February 2, 2017 11:04 AM

Answers

• Looking at the following URL,

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

==========================================================================

How do I sign a driver so that it is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10?

All you need to do is run the HLK tests for Windows 10 and run the HCK tests for Windows 8.1 and earlier versions as you have in the past. Then, using the Windows 10 HLK, merge the two test logs and submit your driver along with the merged HLK/HCK test results to the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal. The portal will sign the driver correctly such that it will work on all platforms that you indicate.

I think that it is useless unless both HLK and HCK are executed.

However, I think that it is better to add Windows 7 only as a separate driver package to the results of HCK/HLK. When submitting with one driver package from Windows 7 to 10, only the cat file signed with SHA-1 may be returned.

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:01 AM

All replies

• Looking at the following URL,

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

How do I sign a driver so that it is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10?

All you need to do is run the HLK tests for Windows 10 and run the HCK tests for Windows 8.1 and earlier versions as you have in the past. Then, using the Windows 10 HLK, merge the two test logs and submit your driver along with the merged HLK/HCK test results to the Windows Hardware Developer Center Dashboard portal. The portal will sign the driver correctly such that it will work on all platforms that you indicate.

I think that it is useless unless both HLK and HCK are executed.

However, I think that it is better to add Windows 7 only as a separate driver package to the results of HCK/HLK. When submitting with one driver package from Windows 7 to 10, only the cat file signed with SHA-1 may be returned.

Friday, February 3, 2017 6:01 AM
  • Thank you for your reply!
    Sunday, February 5, 2017 11:07 AM