none
I've clicked by mistake in the publish button

Question

• Hi,

In my visual studio 2015 I've got a publish button on the bottom right (publish this solution to a remote server). I've clicked on it by mistake and now it annoys me with it. When I open my solution it open it in this "mode". I'm not even able to connect to my TFS because it closed immediately my solution.

Could you please tell me how to return to the "normal" state just before I've clicked on this button ?

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:50 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the return. I've removed my mapping for my solution and delete my repository/folder where I have my sources code and then remap it in a new folder and then all was ok.

Thanks a lot

Jean-Pierre

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Jean-Pieree,

As far as I know this Publish is a new feature since VS2015 Update2.  You could take a look at the release note of the VS2015 Update2.

Publish will automatically wrap your solution in a Git repository and switch focus to the Sync page in Team Explorer to allow you to add a remote and publish your solution. As more providers support this feature, the Publish button will allow you to choose which source control you’d like to use for a given solution.

>>I'm not even able to connect to my TFS because it closed immediately my solution. Could you please tell me how to return to the "normal" state just before I've clicked on this button ?

So for your case, it will automatically wrap your solution into your local Git repository.

And if you want to return to the "normal" state,  you need to re-create this project. As far as I know, it is impossible to re-add this project into the TFVC version control.

I suggest you could use git as well.  GIT is a version control tool. You can use git to manage your solution as well.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the return. I've removed my mapping for my solution and delete my repository/folder where I have my sources code and then remap it in a new folder and then all was ok.

Thanks a lot

Jean-Pierre

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Hi Jean-Pieree,

Glad to hear you have solved your problem and thanks for sharing here. If possible,  please mark your reply as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day,

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:41 AM