none
Changing font size in the properties window RRS feed

• Question

• I use VB to teach programming in my high school.  I use a large display to demonstrate coding to the students.  Early on I changed the text font size in the code view screen. 

I recently changed the font size of the side bars (Toolbox, Solution explorer and Properties window).  I found that when I switch to a smaller screen the larger fonts makes navigation very difficult.  I cannot find where it was that I changed the font.  Where do I go to change the font size of the side bars back to their default size?  

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hi

Have a look here:

Main Menu -> Tools -> Options -> Fonts and Colors

from there, you can find the different areas/items that you can change the fonts and/or colors for in the various lists etc

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 9:18 PM
  • Thanks!  You were almost there.  That changes the font for the code.  The problem I had was for the side windows.  To change the font for the properties window it is in  Show Settings for:  Environment    
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 10:38 PM
  • Thanks!  You were almost there.  That changes the font for the code.  The problem I had was for the side windows.  To change the font for the properties window it is in  Show Settings for:  Environment    

Hi

....... and what part of 'from there, you can find the different areas/items that you can change the fonts and/or colors for in the various lists etc' confused you?

Regards Les, Livingston, Scotland

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 10:42 PM
  • I guess I was specifically looking for which of the many different parameters held the size for that particular window. You got me to the screen (where I knew it was buried somewhere).  I added the specific location in case anyone had the same question and stumbled upon this.  Thanks for your help. 
    Wednesday, February 27, 2019 10:55 PM
  • Hi,

If your issue is solved,please mark the helpful as answer.

Best Regards,

Alex

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 2:36 AM