Couldn't install my app with store error 80004005 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

People have reported email to me store error when they trying to install the app after they have upgraded OS 8.0 to 8.1.

They counldn't reinstall my app in any way.

The store error code is "80004005" and app id is "dd945a05-e1bd-46de-84e6-65783e0923f3".

Please help me.

vOid64

Thursday, June 5, 2014 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

By chance, Have you checked tested the app on 8.1 from dev environment?

-Malleswar

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:02 PM
  • Hi, our app is having the same problem. Do you know what is the fix? Thank you.
    Friday, July 25, 2014 4:26 AM
  • My app is having same problem on Windows Phone 8.1. What is the fix for Windows Phone 8.1?

Luke Zhang

Monday, July 28, 2014 9:29 PM
  • I am affected by this, it happened after I used the in-app upgrade. I checked and my credit card was charged on 6-15-14. In mid July I started getting an error on the store app indicating a problem with an automatic upgrade. Researching online led me to think the issue was the phone trying to upgrade the trial when it was now the paid version. Unfortunately the listed fix was to uninstall and reinstall. The uninstall went fine but it will not reinstall. Things I have tried:

Reinstalling the trial and the paid version from the phone, it shows the paid version as owned but will not install

Reinstall the paid and trial versions from Windowsphone.com. They show in my app history fine but I either get an "App was not purchased" error or a "Cannot contact phone error"

I have restarted the phone several times

I have not hard reset the phone nor do I want to.

I have not rolled back to 8.0

I have checked for updates

Tried with Wi-fi On

Lumia 928 with 17.5GB free memory

Mike

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 4:20 AM
  • After no response here for a week I chatted with Windows Phone Store Support and they refunded the purchase. Iwas then able to rebuy and install it just fine
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:17 PM