none
LANGUAGE NEEDED TO CONVERT 97 EXCEL TO WORD 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I FOUND HOW TO COVERT EXCEL 97 TO WORD 2010, BUT CAN'T FIND A LANGUAGE TO MAKE IT READABLE. I HAVE TRIED EVERY LANGUAGE OFFERED IN THE DROP DOWN LIST AND NONE CONVERT THE DOCUMENT TO ANYTHING THAT CAN BE READ. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I'M DESPERATE TO RECOVER SEVERAL SPREADSHEETS INCLUDING ONE THAT IS OVER 1500 LINES. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 8:45 PM

All replies

• Re:  bad file recovery

There are some things to try, Others will have different suggestions.
    The very first thing to do is see if there is a backup version someplace or an older version. 
    Did you send a copy to some one?
    I've never heard of trying to run a worksheet thru Word to resurrect it, but something similar may work.
    Do a round trip...
    Do a SaveAs as an HTML file (an option in the dialog box).  Then save that file as an Excel file.
    Its worked for others.  Good luck.

---
    Jim Cone
    Portland, Oregon USA
    https://goo.gl/IUQUN2 (Dropbox)
    (free & commercial excel add-ins & workbooks)

Don't post using all caps.

Friday, October 14, 2016 9:30 PM
  • Hi N WAGGENER,

According to your description, why do you need convert convert Excel 97 to Word 2010? When you want to create a dynamic link between the content of your document and the content in a Microsoft Office Excel workbook, insert the content as an object. Unlike when you paste content (such as by pressing CTRL+V), when you insert it as a linked or embedded object, you can work with it in the original program. You could refer to Link or embed an Excel worksheet.

If you want to link or embed an Excel worksheet with VBA, I suggest that you could use "Record Macro" to get VBA code. Please correct me if I have any misunderstandings.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, October 17, 2016 2:51 AM