App is crashing while trying to launch from the Toast notification

Question

• Hi,

Am developing a windows 8.1 app (C#). Here am using TimeTrigger background tasks. Inside that Run method of the background task, am scheduling toast notifications, once in every 2 mins.

Once installed, the app is firing toasts as expected.

Here am facing an issue. If I ignore the first toast, then click on the second toast, the app is crashing. But if I click on the first toast, the app is launching properly without any problem.

I don't understand whats the problem here?

Any help is really appreciable

Thanks

Rajesh

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:29 PM

All replies

• do you have small project that reproduce the problem? there shall be a mistake in your code but hard to help with the current information you provide.

try to do better logging, and did you try to debug it?

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 12:42 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Thanks for your timely reply. Yes I have added the logging info into my code. And I observed that the control is not even entering into the OnLaunched() of App.xaml.cs. Its crashing even before this.

And I tried to implement a POC replicating the issue, but am not able to reproduce the issue with my POC.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 1:34 PM
  • Hi,

There is not enough information to detect why the problem occurs. You should put some codes in forum.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, March 28, 2014 8:16 AM