Warning: "To avoid certification failures, be sure to exclude Pseudo before publishing your app." RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are using the latest version of the 'Multlingual App Toolkit' (2.1.1100) and we are getting this warning:

MultilingualResources\MYPROJECT_qps-ploc.xlf (1): Localization testing via Pseudo is enabled on this project.  To avoid certification failures, be sure to exclude Pseudo before publishing your app.

I would like to keep the pseudo language (qps-ploc) for the debug build, but would like to exclude it for the release build.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

In addtion, does anyone know how to remove this warning from the output?  It has no code, so I can't just add it to the project's properties.

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:50 PM

All replies

• I'm hesitant to state the obvious:  just remove the Pseudo language when you get to a time when you're ready to release. 

Why does it matter if you have a warning?  I don't know of any way to prevent warnings.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 3:05 PM
  • Yes, I could remove it manually every time.

But I'm trying to automate the process - so we can create the store package in the "Release*" solution configs, while keeping it for the "Debug*" solution configs.

We want to keep the pseudo language in development and QA since it does help identify missing localized resources and issues with truncation, etc...

Our team uses https://stylecop.codeplex.com/ and we are good at getting rid of warnings to keep the code more maintainable and w/ better quality - so these warnings are a pain.

Does anyone have any ideas?

If anyone from the 'multilingual app toolkit' is listening, you introduced this warning in version 2.1.1100, it was not there in version 2.0.  

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remove it in version 2.1.1100?

In the future, could this warning have a code and be suppressed using project > right-click > properties > build > suppress warnings? (see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/jj715718.aspx)

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 5:00 PM