Suspend/resume woes in Phone 8.1

Question

• Hi,

I'm having a real battle figuring out what is wrong with my app on a WP 8.1 device when I disconnect the Visual Studio debugger.

When I've deployed to the device and disconnected it, I run my app.  On one of the pages is a 'share' option button, and when I tap it, the share UI appears as expected.  If I press the back button at this time my app remains in place.  If I select an option from the share screen (email, messaging etc.) and a new app is launched and I then press the back button, my app appears and responds for anywhere between 2 and 5 seconds and then just disappears.

I've tried simulating this on the device and emulators (launching the mail app and suspending and resuming mine) and everything works fine - it never crashes if the debugger is attached but always crashes when it isn't.

I've pretty much removed all the suspend/resume code to track this down but still no luck.

Can anyone suggest what else I could try to find out what is going wrong?

Thanks

Russ

Saturday, January 10, 2015 1:22 PM

All replies

• There is an unhandled exception event in the app.xaml.cs file.  I would put a break point in there and see if it catches an exception.
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:16 PM