none
Print Ticket Validation RRS feed

• Question

• I implemented a driver with a custom print ticket validation. I can see the changes in the default Advanced Print Settings (i.e. upon click of Save Print Job [back] arrow, the UI displays "This settings has conflict with other settings. It was changed to..."). For the default printer preferences though, the changes is not shown on click of Apply. Is this really the behavior for default printer preferences?

By the way, there is no problem for the print job generated after using print preferences. The conflicts are resolved and the UI is updated when I open the print preferences again. It's just that it is not updated "immediately" upon click of Apply.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:37 AM

All replies

• If I understood your question correctly, your driver's constraints are getting resolved properly both in the desktop and Windows Store app UI, but in the desktop, you're not seeing an error that tells the user about the issue when they click apply? Is that correct?

Is this using a v3 or v4 print driver? Also, are you using Windows 8? Or 8.1?

Thanks!

Justin

Monday, July 1, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Yes, this is correct. After clicking apply in the default desktop UI, there is no message saying "there are conflicts.. would you like to resolve it?". In the default Windows Store App UI, the message is shown. In both cases, the constraints are resolved properly.

I am using a v4 driver that I implemented. OS is Windows 8 Pro. In terms of functionality, there is no problem. I just want to confirm the UI behavior of the default desktop print preferences (if it should show a message or not).

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 3:20 AM