Publishing problems RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to publish my website I get a Microsoft Expression Web Error as follows:

'Can't connect to 'www.hilltopbirddogs.com'.  Check the server name and proxy settings.  If the settings are correct, the server may be temporarily unavailable.'

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Saturday, October 29, 2011 10:14 PM

All replies

• What does it mean "Moved by Jim Cheshire Microsoft Employee, Moderator"???  Where to? 
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:34 PM
  • Jim moved this question from the general Expression Studio forum to the specific Expression Web forum so it will be seen by a greater number of EW users.

The error appears to mean that your settings for connecting to your web site are incorrect. If you still have an email from your host, look up the needed information and ensure it is correct.

Take care, Mike

Thursday, November 3, 2011 11:47 PM
  • It can mean several things, you could have incorrect connection information, you could have a firewall on your computer blocking Expression Web from connecting or you could be attempting to use a passive connection and need an active one or the other way arround. Not enough information in your question to tell you which it might be.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Friday, November 4, 2011 2:00 AM