Unable to add controls from tool box to wpf designer RRS feed

• Question

• I have visual studio 2008. I am unabe to get control from tool box to wpf designer by draging or double clicking. All I get is circle with line through it. Please advise.

Saturday, January 26, 2008 8:49 PM

Answers

•  

Please give this a try: 

1. Exit Visual Studio

2. Navigate to your user profile directory for Visual Studio (this is found at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0)

3. Delete the TBD files found there (they are often hidden files)

4. Re-start Visual Studio and open your WPF application - the toolbox should be automatically rebuilt (which can take a while depending on your machine's performance). You should now be able to drag/drop controls onto the design surface as you would expect.

Note also that the Toolbox only shows controls in RTM Visual Studio 2008 in the WPF designer when the Designer Pane is selected (not the XAML Pane). This behavior is likely to improve in a future SP or version.

• Marked as answer by Mark Boulter Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:25 PM
    Monday, January 28, 2008 12:58 AM

All replies

•  

Please give this a try: 

1. Exit Visual Studio

2. Navigate to your user profile directory for Visual Studio (this is found at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\9.0)

3. Delete the TBD files found there (they are often hidden files)

4. Re-start Visual Studio and open your WPF application - the toolbox should be automatically rebuilt (which can take a while depending on your machine's performance). You should now be able to drag/drop controls onto the design surface as you would expect.

Note also that the Toolbox only shows controls in RTM Visual Studio 2008 in the WPF designer when the Designer Pane is selected (not the XAML Pane). This behavior is likely to improve in a future SP or version.

Monday, January 28, 2008 12:58 AM
  •  

The above steps worked for me.  Thanks to Jim for supplying this information.

Westy.

• Unmarked as answer by Mark Boulter Tuesday, June 3, 2008 6:25 PM
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 5:54 AM