Is there a way to get contact info for an app developer?

General discussion

• Hey there,

I work for a website and we're trying to get contact information for a developer who has an app in the Windows store. I went back and forth with Microsoft support all morning, and the best they could tell me was to either ask here or contact the dev over twitter, which isn't quite what i'm looking to do.

Support also said that there's nothing Windows can do -- it's up to the individual dev whether their contact information is displayed.

Is this really true? Is there no other way to get contact info?

Thanks!

LD

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:41 PM

All replies

• i got two apps in the store. dave[at]familie-smits[dot]com
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:03 PM
  • Thanks Dave. I'm looking for contact info for a specific dev. Do you know if there's any way to find contact information different devs provide through the store?

• Edited by LD_LD Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 9:44 PM
  • Certification requirement 6.3 You must provide technical support info for your app requires a support contact address or site. This should be listed on the app's page in the store.

Asking here won't help unless you identify the app and the author happens to be looking.

--Rob

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:18 PM
    Owner
  • Hey Rob!

Thanks and sorry for the belated response. There's no contact address on the app's page in the store, weirdly enough. I've called like 8 different departments at Windows and chatted with someone on the gethelp.live.com forum, but no one can connect me to anyone with answers. Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks again --

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:43 PM
  • The support contact is required, so check that you aren't just missing it. Every app I looked at has this in the "Learn more" section.

Beyond that the only suggestion I have is to post the app you're trying to identify and hope the author responds. I don't have any internal view into the store data, and even if I did I couldn't breach privacy by giving out author's contact data.

--Rob

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:13 PM
    Owner