Reference error RRS feed

• Question

• User-273899253 posted

Hi there!

I've just deployed my web site to different machine and i am getting error that page is missing some files (classes). Still, files are there but in different path locations. How is this possible? I've deployed site by going to Site -> Publish method.

How to fix this and where are this "hardcoded" paths located in config files?

Thursday, April 4, 2013 5:58 AM

Answers

• User551462331 posted

if the error message is displaying file path where file actually does not exist, then it might be that it is coming from pdb file...

when u compiled on local machine, the information is stored in .pdb file... then u may have copied all files to new machine along with pdb...

try removing all .pdb files from bin folder of application directory.... and run the site...

hope this helps...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:18 PM

All replies

• User551462331 posted

I've just deployed my web site to different machine and i am getting error that page is missing some files (classes).

what exactly is error message?

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:20 AM
  • User-273899253 posted

Browser is saying that Page is requesting method X() and can't find it in C:/folder1/folder2/ClassName.cs.

Sure, there is no class on that location, but this class is part of the project which is referenced to site and there is dll of this project in bin folder of the site

Thursday, April 4, 2013 6:35 AM
  • User551462331 posted

if the error message is displaying file path where file actually does not exist, then it might be that it is coming from pdb file...

when u compiled on local machine, the information is stored in .pdb file... then u may have copied all files to new machine along with pdb...

try removing all .pdb files from bin folder of application directory.... and run the site...

hope this helps...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:18 PM