Windows Phone 7.1/8 App Rebrand - What Changes are required from a submission/publishing perspective? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've developed and published an app. Now I wish to re-brand it for a different company.
    The main change will be to the Logos and app Icons.The features will not change.
    It also is targeted to be published under a different account.

Can anyone outline exactly what changes I need to apply from a submission and publishing
    perspective (i.e to the AppManifest.xml, AssemblyInfo.cs, xap file name, ect )
    I need to ensure that when this app is submitted, it's deemed unique by Microsoft.

Thanks!
    Friday, February 22, 2013 1:18 PM

Answers

• If it is published under a different account you should be okay from a technical standpoint. However you probably should provide an explanation to the Marketplace testers so they understand that you are not copying somebody else's app (and likely some sort of proof that you own it).

-Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 8

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:24 PM

All replies

• If it is published under a different account you should be okay from a technical standpoint. However you probably should provide an explanation to the Marketplace testers so they understand that you are not copying somebody else's app (and likely some sort of proof that you own it).

-Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 8

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:24 PM
  • Thanks, Mark
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:50 PM