none
Terminal Services 2008 EasyPrint and printing speed RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Situation:
    Windows 2008 x64 Terminal server with .NET Winforms applicatino using Report Viewer 2008 SP1 (with security update KB971119) printing from SQL2005 Reporting services
    Clients with Vista and RDP 7 (one from Windows 7)

Problem:
    slow printing from Terminal Server .NET application.

When I open one report (only 1 page) and then try to print, I've noticed that size of a spooled document on my computer (printing using EasyPrint goes through my computer's spooler) is aprox 100 MB. If I save same report to pdf and then open it in Terminal using pdf reader and print again, then size of the spooled document is much smaller... aprox 7 MB. And printing is much faster too.

Any solutions?
    Wednesday, March 3, 2010 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Viesis,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

I couldn't find any known issue similiar to this one. Can you still repro this issue in following situations?

1. Repro by running the application in another machine with different printer
    2. Repro by printing another report by same application in same machine

Thanks.

Hongye Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg @ microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    See what's happening in MSDN forum? Follow us at Twitter.
    Monday, March 8, 2010 3:02 AM
  • Hello Hongye,

We are currently experiencing the same problem.

Our Terminal Server is also 2008 X64  with .NET framework installed.

When a user sitting on a windows 7 machine using RDP tries to print using easy print. The spooler gets very high, as a result printing just one page can take up to 10 minutes.

Indeed printing the document to PDF might speed up the process. But I would rather a permanent solution.

Thank you for any response.

Rainton Varsovia
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:19 PM