none
Do new store games get any exposure by default?

Question

• Hello everybody,

Yesterday I have finally published my app on the windows phone store. It took me 1 month to port it from iOS and Android. But after the first day in the store (the game is free) I got 0 downloads. <o:p></o:p>

Does windows phone store have any place where users can check out the newest games? Like the bottom apps bar on the front page on iOS App Store for example?<o:p></o:p>

Or did I only waste my time if I have no advertising budget :)?

<o:p>The game is called Brave Furries.</o:p>

Thank you for all your answers.<o:p></o:p>

Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Maciej,

Our normal SLA for download data is 4 days; however, when you initially publish your app it can take up to 10 days for the data to show up.   With you publishing your app yesterday it will take some time for download data to become available.  We do have a New+ Rising section for apps; however, the apps are picked by random so there is no way for us to manually put your app in it. 

-Miles

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:58 PM
  • Thank you for the reply! 

I guess now everything is clear. Since there is no "new" secition my game would have to have some (considerable?) initial amount of downloads to be picked by your algorithm to the "New+ Rising" section.

Therefore with my idie marketing budget and marketing skills I am doomed :) I just assumed it is more like on the App Store and you give a small amount of time on the front page to every app to give it a chance.

Could you clarify if without getting to the "New + Rising" section the app has any exposure anywhere at all?

Friday, October 31, 2014 7:57 AM