VM & VHD Missing in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Overnight, our VM disappeared.

We have found the link which says to recreate vm, utilising the existing VHD, and all should be good.

The problem is that the VHD is missing too.

I cannot find any logging to tell me what happened.

Is there any way we can find out what happened to the VHD?

It is not a trial account, we have been paying for it for months now.

TIA

• Changed type Vmhs Friday, October 24, 2014 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 11:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on your description, the azure virtual machine is deleted by your programmer, and you want to recover it. we usually use the vhd image to recover the vm, if all the vm and the vhd are deleted, I think it is hard to be recovered, however, I would suggest you contact with azure support to see if there is any way to do this, here is the support channel: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/contact/

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:37 AM

All replies

• OK, it *may* be possible that the Programmer for our project has deleted this VM, and the VHD along with it.

Is there any way to recover this VM from the recycle bin by any chance?

Friday, October 24, 2014 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, the azure virtual machine is deleted by your programmer, and you want to recover it. we usually use the vhd image to recover the vm, if all the vm and the vhd are deleted, I think it is hard to be recovered, however, I would suggest you contact with azure support to see if there is any way to do this, here is the support channel: http://www.windowsazure.com/en-us/support/contact/

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 24, 2014 7:37 AM