none
Intellisense says "Not found", but solution builds

Question

• Hi,

I'm fairly new to VS development and I'm trying to run a solution my partner developed.

I can build the solution and everything works fine, except when I look at the code, it is showing all kinds of errors in the syntax highlighting/intellisense.

The issue seems to be that intellisense doesn't find "Core" although the compiler must (because it builds and runs). See the screenshot below: 

Any idea why the syntax highlighting can't find "Core" resulting in error indicators but the compiler does find it and compiles fine?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Eric

• Edited by EricForgy Saturday, July 16, 2016 2:42 AM fixed error
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 2:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

>>Any idea why the syntax highlighting can't find "Core" resulting in error indicators but the compiler does find it and compiles fine?

So you mean that it compiled successfully and run it normally, am I right?

If so, before you do the following steps, please take a backup for your solution:

(1) Please clean and rebuild the whole solution, check it again.

(2) Delete the .suo file and the bin\debug folder, re-open the .xxproj file, build it again.

(3) Create a blank solution, and then add all project files to the new blank solution, view the result again.

But if it has the compiled error in the output windows, maybe we would think about the core package's setup or others. Please share us the detailed output information in the output window.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 18, 2016 11:57 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for your response.

You are correct. The solution compiles successfully and runs normally. It is just the intellisense that has some problem.

I tried your suggestion, but the issue remains. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Eric

Monday, July 18, 2016 12:14 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Which VS version did you use? Could you share me a simple project type using one drive? So I could test it in our side.

As you said that this project was developed by your partner, could you discuss this issue with him? Maybe you forget to install/add certain references. Of course, to make sure that it is not the project issue, please also run the same app in other VS machine.

If it works well in other VS machine, please compare the references in the solution explorer windows, and compare the installed products and VS version information under Help menu->About Microsoft visual studio.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:23 AM
  • Hi Eric,

Would you mind letting us know the latest information about this issue?

Best Regards,

Jack

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:17 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thank you for following up. 

I am using Visual Studio Professional 2015 and my partner is using Visual Studio Enterprise 2015.

I am unable to create a small project at the moment, but I can say that we are using GitHub for version control and the projects should be the same with the same references, but I will try to compare the contents from Help. I can also say that my partner does not have the same intellisense problems, i.e. his is working fine.

Best regards,

Eric

Friday, July 22, 2016 8:23 AM
  • Hi Eric,

>> I will try to compare the contents from Help.

If you get any latest information, please feel free to let me know.

Please also compare the Intellisense settings under Tools->Options->Text Editor.

To make sure that it is not the settings issue, one idea is that you could export the settings file from your partner's VS, and then import the settings file to your VS IDE, check it again.

Please also install the latest VS2015 update 3.

To make sure that it is not related to any extension tools or add-ins, please run your VS in safe mode or as the admin, check the result.

Devenv.exe /SafeMode

Best Regards,

Jack

Saturday, July 23, 2016 10:04 AM