Need to remove Credentials popup on windows authenticationfrom iis server RRS feed

• Question

• User-2112774616 posted

Hi ,

So I setup an IIS Server that runs my flask application. I also enabled windows authentication(disabled Anonymous access as well) as I need the REMOTE_USER env variable set. 

My IIS Server and clients are on different domains. When I access the URL from the client machine I get a popup asking me for credentials. It works fine after entering the creds but I dont want the users to enter their creds everytime. Is it possible that the browser (in my case strictly chrome) sends the creds automatically ?

Sorry if it is a repeated question :) but I wasn't able to find a solution in the other related questions in the forum.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 1:37 PM

Answers

• User690216013 posted

One more thing I don't have permission to change the trusted list of every browser in my team so.. is there any other way from the server side or anything that I can do ?

No. Nothing you can do on the server side, when the necessary settings are browser side only.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:59 PM

All replies

• User690216013 posted

Sorry if it is a repeated question

That's not only a repeated but an out of scope question. Chrome has its own support channels, and tons of articles like https://knowledge.kofax.com/Smart_Process_Applications_-_TotalAgility/Configuration/Configure_Chrome_To_Allow_Windows_Authentication_Without_Prompting are there over the internet.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 1:28 AM
  • User-2112774616 posted

Hi lextm,

The main reason I asked the question in this forum is because I need the client machine to share the credentials to the windows authentication without any popups irrespective of the browser(I did mention chrome but what I ment was any browser other that IE). I have been through many past posts on this forum but all solutions revolved about changing the trusted site list in IE.So please guide me if I am missing something..

Thanks

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 4:18 AM
  • User-2112774616 posted

Hey Lextm,

One more thing I don't have permission to change the trusted list of every browser in my team so.. is there any other way from the server side or anything that I can do ?

Thanks for your time.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 4:25 AM
  • User690216013 posted

I did mention chrome but what I ment was any browser other that IE

Each web browser (not only Chrome) has its own support channels, and this forum primarily covers Microsoft's IE/Edge unfortunately, so you need to study the browser settings elsewhere.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:58 PM
  • User690216013 posted

No. Nothing you can do on the server side, when the necessary settings are browser side only.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Tuesday, September 28, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:59 PM