none
VISUAL STUDIO COMUNITY 2015 STRANGE BEHAVIOUR

Question

• I am running Windows 10 Professional with November update and I have noticed a quirk of sorts, when I build my application it is compiled to Visual Studio 2015\Projects\FirstAidChecklist\firstAidChecklist\obj\Debug however the compiled executable is not moved or copied to Visual Studio 2015\Projects\FirstAidChecklist\firstAidChecklist\bin\Debug where it should be.

Is anyone else having this issue and has found a solution, I have tried running visual studio as an admin but it still happens, I should point out that I do move project from my desktop to my laptop however the security privlages are in tact as far as I can see.

Any help apreciated

Wednesday, December 9, 2015 9:21 AM

Answers

• Hi Ben,

>> I have further noticed that it only happens, sometimes, when I copy the project from or to a new computer with visual studio 2015 community.

Before you move your project, I suggest you delete the bin folder, then move your project, rebuild your project, and then open the output folder with right clicking Solution->Open Folder in file explorer to check whether the bin folder generate correctly.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Ben Ramsay Friday, December 11, 2015 9:07 AM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

>> it is compiled to Visual Studio 2015\Projects\FirstAidChecklist\firstAidChecklist\obj\Debug however the compiled executable is not moved or copied to Visual Studio 2015\Projects\FirstAidChecklist\firstAidChecklist\bin\Debug where it should be.

Did you mean the Output path of build was wrong? If so, I suggest you check the Output path property with the steps: Right click project-> Properties->Build->Output->Output path.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:02 AM
  • The output path is correct, I have further noticed that it only happens, sometimes, when I copy the project from or to a new computer with visual studio 2015 community.

I have run sfc/scannnow tor violations and none exist, I ran setup to repair the install but no luck.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:52 PM
  • Hi Ben,

>> I have further noticed that it only happens, sometimes, when I copy the project from or to a new computer with visual studio 2015 community.

Before you move your project, I suggest you delete the bin folder, then move your project, rebuild your project, and then open the output folder with right clicking Solution->Open Folder in file explorer to check whether the bin folder generate correctly.

Best Regards,

Edward

• Marked as answer by Ben Ramsay Friday, December 11, 2015 9:07 AM
    Friday, December 11, 2015 6:55 AM