Live Tiles & Push Notification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I don't have any idea of Tiles & Push Notification. Even I saw this post . I get little bit idea. But they told to register the app which need push notification. Where to register the App?

Is that possible to get all the following in single app:

1. In Complete game details to be shown.

2. It have challenge(So, If user logged in means, will it shows no of requests came Like batch)

3. Response of the request that User sents.(User Lose or Won the challenge)

4. Notification for new version of app in the push notifications itself.

Help me to start from the Beginning??

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 5:40 AM

All replies

• You register the app with the store. Click the "dashboard" link at the top of the page to log in, select (or set up) your app and "edit" it, go to the "Services" section and follow the link to the Live Services site:

If you have an existing WNS solution or need to update your current client secret, visit the Live Services site

For more information see Push notification overview (Windows Store apps) (Windows)‎  and the WNS samples. You might also want to go over to the Azure Dev Center to look at the Azure support for push notifications from the server.

I'm not sure what exactly you are looking for in points 1-4. This sounds more like app logic than push notification. Are these things you want to show as tiles or toasts? Or in your app? If you need help with these you will need to define your questions more clearly.

--Rob

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:12 AM
  • @Rob Thanks for reply.

That points 1-4 are want to show as tiles or toasts. . 

My app having that features so, If user goes out of the app . It should show what is the current status of the game in tiles.

and If request of the challenge came means it shows in badge Notification.

If response of send challenges came means it shows in toast notification.

This is what i want.. .

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 6:33 AM