none
How to Search in Outlook 2003 using Latest Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I working on the application that provides the search feature on outlook ,for that i used Microsoft Outlook 12.0 Object Library  automation.I am using the AdvanceSearch() feature with DASL querry. I successfully getting results on a machine with outlook 2007 installed.But if I run the app on XP machine with outlook 2003 installed on it i have getting exception as follows "{"Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."}".How i can use Advance Search on machine with Outlook 2003 installed with Outlook 12. Object library.

Kindly advice...

Thanks..... 

H.S.Navarkar

Friday, December 13, 2013 7:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your quick reply and that really helps.The problem is resolved.I stick to Outlook 2007 

Interop the exception causing beacause i am refering some properties and methods that are not present in Outlook 2003.like Namespace.Stores .

H.S.Navarkar

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hello Hemant,

First of all, I would recommend replacing Outlook 2007 PIAs with Outlook 2003 PIAs. You can download them here. If you don't want to replace PIAs, you can use the late binding technology for invoking methods and properties (see the GetType().InvokeMember method for more information). Also please make sure that you use objects, their properties and methods that exist in the Outlook Object Model 2003. Typically such exceptions indicate the following: you call methods or properties that doesn't exist in the object model, but the latest PIAs provide.

Did you try to debug? What line of code fires the exception?

Friday, December 13, 2013 8:14 AM
  • Hi Eugene,

Thanks for your quick reply and that really helps.The problem is resolved.I stick to Outlook 2007 

Interop the exception causing beacause i am refering some properties and methods that are not present in Outlook 2003.like Namespace.Stores .

H.S.Navarkar

Friday, December 13, 2013 1:35 PM