none
XSL variable as input for a database lookup functoid RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After getting the link below working and the map was functional and on production:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fe40d50-0774-48de-a8da-ef6067f571d5/xpath-query-doesnt-work-if-i-have-ns0?forum=biztalkgeneral

I received a new request to create a translation of the productnumbers with using a database lookup.

So the XSLT creates a distinct of productnumbers leaving 3 of the 4 productnumbers intact.

Now i want to use those 3 values to do a database lookup and write the result to the destination. 

I cannot connect the XSLT functoid to the database lookup functoid. And if i use a striaght on database lookup where i use the productnumber from the source as input for the lookup functoid then i get 12 records instead of 3.

The current map looks like:

So how can i get only the distinct values as input for the database lookup functoid?

Friday, October 30, 2015 9:51 AM

All replies

• Is it possible to create first a message within it the distinct productnumbers and do the above mapping with that new message? It avoids a lot of magic.
    Friday, October 30, 2015 12:20 PM