none
DSO Framer is not working in windows 7 64 bit RRS feed

• Question

• we are using ‘DsoFramer_KB311765' to view the word documents in our application .

it is working fine in windows7 32bit,office 2010 32 bit and IE 32 bit but when we tried in windows7 64bit,office2010 64 bit,and IE of 32bit.

When i am trying to open the document in IE browser i am getting an error message like the below

Error Code : -2146827850 Error Description : Object doesn't support this property or method: 'DocumentFrame.ActivationPolicy'

can any one please help me on this. 

Is there any alternative solution to solve the issue.

Advance thanks 

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVPModerator Friday, June 24, 2011 11:43 AM not vsto technology related (From:Visual Studio Tools for Office)
    Thursday, March 17, 2011 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Maralla,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

As far as I see the DSO Framer is a 32bit component. Please check whether your target Platform is “x86” in your solution project. 

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 21, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Hi Marala

We are using the DsoFramer in one of the web applications, it used to work fine with windows XP ,Ms Office 2003, IE7. When we upgraded to windows 7 32 bit with Ms Office 2003 or 2010 and IE8, it does not work even though os is 32 bit and ocx was made to run on x86. I have registered the dsoframer.ocx file with regsvr32 and message came that file was loaded sucessfully.

Is it possible for you to explain what are the steps you have taken to make dsoframer.ocx to run on windows 7 32 bit box.

many thanks

Ankur

Friday, June 24, 2011 9:20 AM