none
How to fix KB2640103 bug from .Net Framework 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Our application crashes on Window 7, window 8.1, window 10 and windows server 2012 R2 due to the known .net Framework 4.0 bug (KB2640103), error description: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2640103

There were some hotfixes for the KB2640103, after I got it from the downloadlink, it cannot be installed because it is blocked by the Operating system.

I need very urgently a solution how I could solve the issue, because it causes daily crashing of our application.

Could you please help me??

Thanks in ADVANCE!!!!

• Moved by Sheethal J S Tuesday, November 22, 2016 4:15 AM Not related to VSTS
    Monday, November 21, 2016 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Hong Sun,

Yes, as you said the support KB hotfix link is vaild. For KB issues, please also post in the Community forum.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_programs/kb2640103-problem-with-clrdll-in-net-v4/30c029d7-cd9b-40f8-a840-59959b9ea130?auth=1

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

In addition, I found there is also a discussion that talking about this.

Random AppCrashes in clr.dll with .NET 4.0

From my personal, This bug is too long time ago. Now this issue is fixed in the next .net framework. You'll need to update your .net framework to the latest or higher. Then try to check if this issue is missing now. Good luck!

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:47 AM
  • Dear Kristin,

as I've already mentioned above, I have already got the hotfixes from the Microsoft Customer Support Services. However none of the hotfixes could be installed on any of Windows7, windows 8.1, windows 10 or Windows server 2012 R2. During the installation, it shows an error message "Not relevant or blocked by the Operating system due to some other condition".

Personally I would like to switch to some new .net framework version. But I would like to get an confirmation which version of the new .Net Framework I should use???

Is .Net Framework 4.5.1 good enough or must I update it to 4.6?

It is important for me because due to different version of .Net Framwork version, I must use different Visual Studion version, and I must use the VCRedistributable for my application.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 10:45 AM
  • Dear Hong Sun,

Thanks for posting here.

I would suggest you try to use .NET Framework Repair Tool firstly.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2698555

go to the end of the page that link to download  the repair tool.

If issue still exists, I am afraid you have to upgrade your .NET Framework.

>>Is .Net Framework 4.5.1 good enough or must I update it to 4.6?

Since I've never met this issue before, from my side, I would suggest you update your .Net Framework. Because performance benefits using the Latest Microsoft .NET Framework. Currently, the upgrade to .NET 4.5.1 seems to be the fastest way how to solve this issue.

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Kristin Xie Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:32 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Kristin Xie Thursday, December 1, 2016 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:29 AM