none
access 2016 oledb error in vb.net desktop application RRS feed

• Question

• In a vb.net 2010 desktop application, an Access database is being updated. The application ran fine while the were only working with access 2013. Now the users are using access 2016 and there is an ole db 12.0 error.
    In the computer that is running the application, I installed the following so the application can run successfully a few years ago:
    1. accessdatabaseengine.exe - which allows the user to update an access database 2013 and not the older 2000 version of access.
    2. crforvs_13_0_13.exe which allows crystal reports to run in the visual studio application.

Thus I am wondering if you can suggest what I can do to solve my problem?

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:15 PM

Answers

• Hi midnight_car,

for Oledb I can see that you had already installed the Access Database Engine.

other thing you are asking about the Microsoft Office Interop.

are you using other Office application in your code ?

if so , you can go to the "References" in a Solution Explorer and try to add new Reference from there.

but here I want to suggest you that  it is better if you post the code and error message.

currently , we are just guessing about the issue and it may or may not help you to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by midnight_car Friday, November 17, 2017 11:05 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 12:44 AM

All replies

• Please quote any error messages VERBATIM.

More than likely this is a References problem and the old reference is no longer on the machine.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

you provided the limited information regarding your issue.

I suggest you to provide a sample code that can reproduce the issue on our side.

we will try to make a test with the code and try to find the solution.

also try to provide a error description, it can help us to understand the issue in a better way.

are you referencing an older version of OLEDB in your application? if yes, what if you reference the newer version of OLEDB. if you did not try it then you can have a try and let us know about the result.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 1:31 AM
  • Where do I find the newer reference for the Microsoft access object library and where do I find the newer reference to the Microsoft office interop?
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:18 PM
  • Hi midnight_car,

for Oledb I can see that you had already installed the Access Database Engine.

other thing you are asking about the Microsoft Office Interop.

are you using other Office application in your code ?

if so , you can go to the "References" in a Solution Explorer and try to add new Reference from there.

but here I want to suggest you that  it is better if you post the code and error message.

currently , we are just guessing about the issue and it may or may not help you to solve the issue.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by midnight_car Friday, November 17, 2017 11:05 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 12:44 AM