none
How to execute third party "buttons" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can I replace this functionality:

In Office 2007:
    - Used to execute .Commandbar.executeMSO("idMSO"), but with the Office 2010 integration it's changed and I cannot run the idMSO spesified (works, but will do native Word stuff). Believe they use vsto now.

In Office 2010:
    How can I excute the button from an event (in the document layer - or application layer if needed) when I have been provided the idMSO.
    Can I execute the idMSO directly like with executeMSO? if so how?

Thank you in advance

Wednesday, March 9, 2011 12:52 PM

Answers

• Hi magnekje,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please clarify whether you use your snippet in VBA? I’m not able to find out this method of the command bar object neither 2003 nor 2010 in Microsoft.Office.Tools namespace. In Microsoft.Office.Tools exists a CommandBarControl interface. I think in VSTO you must get the CommandBarControl via idMSO before you execute it.

I hope it helps,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:09 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:16 AM

All replies

• Hi magnekje,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you please clarify whether you use your snippet in VBA? I’m not able to find out this method of the command bar object neither 2003 nor 2010 in Microsoft.Office.Tools namespace. In Microsoft.Office.Tools exists a CommandBarControl interface. I think in VSTO you must get the CommandBarControl via idMSO before you execute it.

I hope it helps,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:09 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2011 3:16 AM
  • Hi Magnekje,

Have you resolved your problem yet? Does the suggestion work for you or not? If you still show any concern on your problem, just feel free to follow up.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:41 AM
  • Hi.

Thank you for your answer.
    I didn't get this part to work as I wanted to begin with, but it gave me an idea on how to resolve this by using the third party vendor's customizations in another way and that way I resolved it and I've used the CommandBarControl to solve another issue.

So thank you, it helped me resolve the issue.

Regards,
    Magne

Thursday, March 24, 2011 9:06 AM