none
Fetching the details of the user logged into Office365 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to implement an SSO with our web application from a task pane app. For that purpose, I need to fetch the user email of the user logged into the office365 desktop or web client. Is this possible?
    Friday, May 1, 2015 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Eshwari,

Based on my undestanding, there is no need to implement SSO if we only want to access the resource of Office 365 from the custom web applicatioin.

For this secnario, we need to register the custom web applicaiton with Azure AD to access Office 365 API services. You can get more detail about it from link below:
     Azure AD to access Office 365 API services

If you want to implement an SSO, we need to implement the function to analyse the token from Azure AD in the custom web application.

>>For that purpose, I need to fetch the user email of the user logged into the office365 desktop or web client. Is this possible?<<

Based on my understanding, it is imporssible. Sine the Office 365 is based on the Azure AD however the mail account is nothting to do with it. We can set up mutiple account in an Outlook profile.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 4, 2015 6:58 AM