Usage of createFolderAsync and Options

Question

• Hi All,

I am using JSZip library for zipping my folders. My question is,whether it is safe to use zip.folder(folderName) API which adds folder and nested folder accordingly into your zip file.

Will my App get certified from Microsoft and its App certification Team if I use zip.folder() instead of createFolderAsync(). The catch with createFolderAsync() is that it can create only a single folder at a given time and my need is to create multiple folder which in turn have multiple subfolder and files in them.

If the answer is no,then is there any other way to create zips using Microsoft provided API.

Regards,

Ninad

• Edited by Ninad_d Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:49 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 1:49 PM

Answers

• The errors there all explain what you need to change to fix them.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:18 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Run your app through the Windows Applications Certification Kit to see if it passes. So long as JSZip doesn't use prohibited API it should be fine.

There is nothing instantly problematic with what you describe

Thursday, March 19, 2015 2:30 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Rob,

I have run the app through certification kit and in the below sections it failed,though I think these are solvable issues,kindly let me know your view

Performance test

FAILED
    Bytecode generation
    Error Found: The bytecode generation test detected the following errors:
    This package was deployed for development or authoring mode. Uninstall the package and re-install it normally.

App manifest resources test

FAILED
    App resources validation
    Error Found: The app resources validation test detected the following errors:
    The "C:\Users\Ninad\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\D***r\D***r.Windows\bin\Debug\AppX\resources.pri" file must not contain a reverse map section.

FAILED
    Branding validation
    Error Found: The branding validation test encountered the following errors:
    Image file storelogo.png is a default image.
    Image file smalllogo.png is a default image.
    Image file logo.png is a default image.
    Image file splashscreen.png is a default image.

File encoding test

FAILED
    UTF-8 file encoding
    Error Found: The UTF-8 file encoding test detected the following errors:
    File C:\Users\Ninad\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\D***r\D***r.Windows\bin\Debug\AppX\js\jszip.js is not properly UTF-8 encoded. Re-save the file as UTF-8 (including Byte Order Mark).

Regards,

Ninad

• Edited by Ninad_d Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:16 PM
    Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:07 PM
  • The errors there all explain what you need to change to fix them.

Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:18 PM
    Owner