DeleteObject creates some empty PUT's - No Root node found RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Jif,

Due to a bug in the CLIent Library , if any links were materialized for an entity on the client side, deleting the entity would cause us to try and delete its links too . This is fixed in a later version of the client  library.

The best way to work-around this is to Detach any Links which have the Deleted Entity as the Source using the DetachLink API before calling DeleteObject.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 12:55 AM

All replies

• This looks very similar to the client bug as mentioned in this thread: http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3859081&SiteID=1.

If yes, this is a known issue and we are working on a fix. The above thread has the workaround for now.

Thanks

Pratik

Monday, December 1, 2008 7:21 PM
  •  

The resolution appears similar although I'm not sure if it's the same error.  It seems that the client is creating PUT's instead of DELETE's in my case, as with the resolution suggested, just creating a manual request for DELETE on the $link fixes the problem.

What also worked for me is simply to DetachLink before the SaveChanges.  Will this have any adverse side effects?

Monday, December 1, 2008 7:47 PM
  • Hi Jif,

Due to a bug in the CLIent Library , if any links were materialized for an entity on the client side, deleting the entity would cause us to try and delete its links too . This is fixed in a later version of the client  library.

The best way to work-around this is to Detach any Links which have the Deleted Entity as the Source using the DetachLink API before calling DeleteObject.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 12:55 AM
  • Fine, I'll work around it for the time being.  Is the later version available anywhere?

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 8:14 PM