Patenting Code RRS feed

• Question

• I have a software solution that combines the database side I have developed using LightSwitch and additional XML code. I was looking at the process of patenting the breakthroughs I have made in my careers field as far as the dynamics this model offers for monetization and tool set development. One of the main things in filing for a US patent I have found is listing the dependencies that my technology relies on. Say the basics like referencing patents previously submitted for storage of data, relational data bases, Use of Server code etc... Is there a list of the code used in the utility patents of LightSwitch? I can list those in the Cross-Reference to Related Applications section so I can reference how I have improved and developed on top of those root models (For instance SQL Server 2008 R2 or 2012).

Does Microsoft have a particular model for developers whom create new code utilities based on the .NET architecture the software will be running on?

I am just getting started on the process of writing my own non-provisional initial patent. I have never really done anything like this before.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:14 PM