Calling service using certificate :Error - "Keyset does not exist" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Am currently trying to access a service provided by 3rd party. They have issued us a certificate in PKCS format. The certificate is installed in Local computer - Trusted root directory. Our application in run time finds for this certificate and sends it to the authentication URL hosted by 3rd party, where it is authenticated and the SAML tokens are issued. This is then used to call the actual service that does the functionality we desire. 

Now the pain point is when I run my application consuming this service via the service reference in the development machine [Windows 7] everything works smoothly. Since we have a Citrix environment where the testing would take place, We get an error as "Exception in METHOD: SOAP security negotiation with "Service URL" for target failed. Inner Exception: System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Keyset does not exist". Can any one help me in resolving this issue, as am unable to reproduce it my local and it happens only in server OS, am not sure if its an issue with privileges or some code issue.

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Abishek Alva,

According to your description, Since it works on your development machine, and does not work on your server, please compare the different on your development machine and your server.

The following blog provide a 4 steps to troubleshooting the issue for your reference.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/dsnotes/2015/08/13/service-failure-with-cryptographicexception-keyset-does-not-exist/

In addition, Since your application consume 3rd party service. I would suggest that you could contract 3rd party supplier to resolve the issue.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 27, 2017 2:40 AM