Incoming mail is not working in Sharepoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• In Sharepoint 2013 was set up e-mail according to this instruction https://technet.microsoft.com/ru-ru/library/cc262947.aspx#section2
    outgoing mail is working properly. Problems with incoming mail:
    When sending email to the email address of the library ( library@contoso.com) messages are not delivered to the library, and hang in a folder C:\inetpub\mailroot\Queue.
    The library is allowed to receive mail from all senders.
    Can you please tell what the problem is.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 12:43 PM

Answers

• Thank you all. The problem has been in the domain. in IIS 6.0 I have created a remote domain, and I need to create alias.
    • Marked as answer by mriyato Friday, February 20, 2015 7:02 AM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 7:02 AM

All replies

• What patch level is your farm at? There are various patches that have had issues with incoming email for SharePoint 2013.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 3:17 PM
  • Service Pack 1 for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 (KB2880552) 64-Bit Edition 15.0.4571.1502
    Security Update for Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Server 2013 (KB2863829) 64-Bit Edition  15.0.4615.1001
    Microsoft OMUI Russian Language Pack   15.0.4420.1017
    Microsoft OMUI Ukrainian Language Pack 15.0.4454.1004

(get-spfarm).BuildVersion:
    Major  Minor  Build  Revision
    -----  -----  -----  --------
    15     0      4569   1000
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:32 PM
  • Okay great, I'm not aware of any issues with Incoming Email and that patch level, so we can rule that out. What else did you do for your setup? Did you complete the Central Admin configuration? Does your Farm Admin account have NTFS Full Control and your Web App account have NTFS Read rights?

What settings are you using on your Library for incoming email?

Have you monitored the ULS log when the Incoming Email timer job executes (you can also look at the Event Viewer -> Application and Services logs -> Microsoft -> SharePoint Products -> Shared)?

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:36 PM
  • Also, the incoming email service should be running on the sharepoint server where you installed the SMTP service.

From Central Administration -> Services on Server , make sure that the incoming email service is running or start the service if not.

Also, if you have an exchange server, then it should be configured to forward all the emails to the server running the smtp service. If this is your dev environment, you should have MX records in your DNS server so that the mail can be routed to the correct server.

Hope this helps.

Rahul Gupta, MCITP, MCPD - SharePoint 2010

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 4:38 PM
  • "Did you complete the Central Admin configuration? Does your Farm Admin account have NTFS Full Control and your Web App account have NTFS Read rights?"  - yes

"What settings are you using on your Library for incoming email?" :

Allow this document library to receive e-mail? -yes
    E-mail address: library@contoso.com
    Group attachments in folders?  - all attachments in root folder
    Overwrite files with the same name? -  no
    Save original e-mail? - yes 
    Save meeting invitations? -no
    E-mail security policy: Accept e-mail messages from any sender. 

"Have you monitored the ULS log when the Incoming Email timer job executes" - How I can do this?

"(you can also look at the Event Viewer -> Application and Services logs -> Microsoft -> SharePoint Products -> Shared)":

Log name:Microsoft-SharePoint Products-Shared/Operational
    Sourse:SharePoint Foundation
    Event ID:6871
    Task category:E-Mail
    Level:Information
    User:Farm Admin and  Web App account (it is one account)
    OpCode:Info
    The Incoming E-Mail service has completed a batch.  The elapsed time was 00:00:00.  The service processed 0 message(s) in total.

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:13 PM
  • Download the ULSViewer. The Incoming Email timer job executes every minute.

Trevor Seward

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:17 PM
  • "Also, the incoming email service should be running on the sharepoint server where you installed the SMTP service."-yes

"From Central Administration -> Services on Server , make sure that the incoming email service is running or start the service if not." - Microsoft SharePoint Foundation Incoming E-Mail  Started

"Also, if you have an exchange server, then it should be configured to forward all the emails to the server running the smtp service. If this is your dev environment, you should have MX records in your DNS server so that the mail can be routed to the correct server." - done

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:17 PM
  • I get the log by command "Get-SPLogEvent ". But I don't understand it.

I found next:

Entering monitored scope (Timer Job job-email-delivery). Parent No                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
    16:00:26.07 SharePoint Foundation     Logging Correlation Data  xmnv     Medium     Name=Timer Job job-email-delivery                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
    16:00:26.07 SharePoint Foundation     E-Mail                    6871     Informa... The Incoming E-Mail service has completed a batch.  The elapsed time was 00:00:00.  The service processed 0 message(s) in total.                                                                                                                                                                                                 
    16:00:26.07 SharePoint Foundation     Monitoring                b4ly     Medium     Leaving Monitored Scope (Timer Job job-email-delivery). Execution Time=3.27101628838302                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
    16:00:27.08 SharePoint Foundation     Monitoring                nasq     Medium     Entering monitored scope (Timer Job MySite-Instantiation-Interactive-Request-Queue). Parent No                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
    16:00:27.08 SharePoint Foundation     Logging Correlation Data  xmnv     Medium     Name=Timer Job MySite-Instantiation-Interactive-Request-Queue                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      
    16:00:27.08 SharePoint Portal Server  Personal Site Instanti... aj58q    Medium     <LogTimerJobInstance> Starting timer My Site Instantiation Interactive Request Queue (e94a6caa-b0f5-4897-b489-585ca50c7803) for web application: SharePoint2013 - WikiPlusTest. Function: MySiteInstantiationJob:Execute                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
    16:00:27.08 SharePoint Portal Server  Personal Site Instanti... aj58r    Medium     <LogTimerJobInstance> Finishing on timer My Site Instantiation Interactive Request Queue (e94a6caa-b0f5-4897-b489-585ca50c7803) for web application: SharePoint2013 - WikiPlusTest.  Function: MySiteInstantiationJob:Execute                                                                                                                                                                                                           
    16:00:27.08 SharePoint Foundation     Monitoring                b4ly     Medium     Leaving Monitored Scope (Timer Job MySite-Instantiation-Interactive-Request-Queue). Execution Time=2.95072418421894 

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:44 PM
  • "Download the ULSViewer. The Incoming Email timer job executes every minute."

I have only this messege:

Logging Correlation Data  xmnv     Medium     Name=Timer Job job-email-delivery                                                                                                                                                                                          
    16:00:26.07 SharePoint Foundation     E-Mail                    6871     Informa... The Incoming E-Mail service has completed a batch.  The elapsed time was 00:00:00.  The service processed 0 message(s) in total.                                                                                                                                                                
    16:00:26.07 SharePoint Foundation     Monitoring                b4ly     Medium     Leaving Monitored Scope (Timer Job job-email-delivery). Execution Time=3.27101628838302   

• Edited by mriyato Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:02 PM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 5:53 PM
  • How many servers do you have in the farm, also which server executed the job "Incoming Email timer job". Ideally it should be the server with SMTP service on it. 

Rahul Gupta, MCSE, MCSD - SharePoint

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 6:44 PM
  • I have two servers with SMTP service. how to determine which server executed the job "Incoming Email timer job".?

Wednesday, February 11, 2015 7:19 PM
  • Thank you all. The problem has been in the domain. in IIS 6.0 I have created a remote domain, and I need to create alias.
    • Marked as answer by mriyato Friday, February 20, 2015 7:02 AM
    Friday, February 20, 2015 7:02 AM