none
[Windows Image Acquisition (WIA 2.0 Mini Driver)] IWSDServiceProxy::UnsubscribeToOperation method fails with E_FAIL, in pure IPV6 enviroment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a Windows Image Acquisition (WIA 2.0) Mini Driver for my scanner device. My driver calls  “IWSDServiceProxy::UnsubscribeToOperation”   during device removal, in order to cancel  subscription to a notification or solicit/response event. This method succeeds when the IP Address is IPV4. 

But. If the network is configured to use IPV6 address ONLY , this API returns E_FAIL. When we checked in the scanner machine, we could see that the subscriptions are not cancelled. 

Note: During Device Add process, we could see that the driver is able to subscribes to a notification or solicit/response event, by calling “IWSDServiceProxy::SubscribeToOperation”,  even if the network is configured to use IPV6 address ONLY   . Please help me to identify the reason.

Steps to reproduces the issue:

1. Create a pure IPv6 Environment using following steps

* Go to  Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center

Click on the option "Change Adapter Setting" on the left Pane

* Right click on the  Network Adapter Icon (which identifies the current network , which the  printer is connected to )

* Go to Properties

* Uncheck the option which says "Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPV4)"

2. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers

3. Remove the device 

4. You could see that subscription is not cancelled (because IWSDServiceProxy::UnsubscribeToOperation returns E_FAIL)

Thanks

Midhun.k

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 7:18 AM