cannot add lookup value on send email action in sharepoint designer 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• hi, i need help

i have office 365 plan E3.

i have a 2013 workflow and when i use assign task action for a user he  receive an email like capture 1 when email is not customized

But  the problem occurs when i try to customize email he receive this email   (capture2). So lookup value don't work.

and I have the same issue when i use a send email action (capture 3). my workflow is visible on capture 4

Capture 1

Capture1

Capture 2

Capture 2

Capture 3

Capture 3

Capture 4

Capture 4

Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Doudou GAYE,

How did you customize your email? Please provide the steps for reproducing this issue.

In the workflow email, we add a lookup value by using the “Add or Change Lookup” button below. If we type the lookup (such as “[%Task:Title%]”) manually in the email body, or paste the code form a text file to the email body, it does not work. The correct lookup value will not display on the email body.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, June 3, 2016 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, June 6, 2016 1:40 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 3:12 AM

All replies

• Can you post the screen capture of your workflow email action from the SharePoint designer.

---
    Rajesh
    rjesh.com| @rjesh
    You don't need to buy me a beer, if helpful just smile, vote, and mark it as answer.

Thursday, May 26, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Hi Doudou GAYE,

How did you customize your email? Please provide the steps for reproducing this issue.

In the workflow email, we add a lookup value by using the “Add or Change Lookup” button below. If we type the lookup (such as “[%Task:Title%]”) manually in the email body, or paste the code form a text file to the email body, it does not work. The correct lookup value will not display on the email body.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Victoria Xia Friday, June 3, 2016 1:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by Victoria Xia Monday, June 6, 2016 1:40 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2016 3:12 AM
  • hi linda Yes i have

- created the workflows in 2013 plateform

- i have added a send mail action

- in send mail action in the body i have clicked “Add or Change Lookup” button

- but it's dont put the lookup value

Doudou GAYE

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 5:32 PM