How to connect "https://securedwebapp.com/api/service.asmx" as a WCF RIA Service Data Source RRS feed

Answers

• I would think the reason it doesn't work is that the above service is not a RIA service, but rather just a vanilla web service (not the same thing). I suspect that you would have to create your own RIA service in VS and inside that RIA service call the appropriate methods on the above 3rd party web service.

Depending on what exactly you want to do with that service, you may also be able to reference and call it directly from LS (say in the save pipeline) by adding a standard WCF reference to it (not a RIA service reference) by going into the File view mode of LS and adding it to the relevant project.

Regards

Xander

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:10 PM

All replies

• I would think the reason it doesn't work is that the above service is not a RIA service, but rather just a vanilla web service (not the same thing). I suspect that you would have to create your own RIA service in VS and inside that RIA service call the appropriate methods on the above 3rd party web service.

Depending on what exactly you want to do with that service, you may also be able to reference and call it directly from LS (say in the save pipeline) by adding a standard WCF reference to it (not a RIA service reference) by going into the File view mode of LS and adding it to the relevant project.

Regards

Xander

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:10 PM
  • Thank you Xander. I think your proposed RIA wrapper is the best solution as the services entities could be made available in LS.

Regards

Brian

• Marked as answer by MisterB Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:12 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Yann DuranModerator Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:06 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:12 AM