"The script files failed to load" RRS feed

• Question

• I have some trouble with a DWH solution which seems to occur whenever the tempdb grows too large.

The DWH gets updated every night using several SSIS packages, and is currently very stable.

However, every now and then I experience some trouble. I have implemented mail messaging (using a script) in case of an error. That's where I get "The script files failed to load" message. This seems to be a common problem, and I (as many others) solve this by opening the script and closing it.

Another problem is this message:

Error message:

Failed to lock variable "User::ErrorMessage" for read/write access with error 0xC0010001 "The variable cannot be found. This occurs when an attempt is made to retrieve a variable from the Variables collection on a container during execution of the package, and the variable is not there. The variable name may have changed or the variable is not being created.".

Another problem is this message:

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR.  An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E2F.

An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"  Hresult: 0x80040E2F  Description: "The statement has been terminated.".

An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server"  Hresult: 0x80040E2F  Description: "Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'XXXXXX' with unique index 'XXXXXXX'.".

I have read some articles suggesting that the last posted error message in fact is wrong, that is; there is a hotfix available that will deal with this problem.

Does anyone know what causes my problems, or if there is any linkage between the different error messages ?

All I do to make the SSIS packages work again is to restart the instance (emptying tempdb) and open / close the script component in BIDS.

Monday, August 4, 2008 1:45 PM