SQL Server 2008 Cluster Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am facing a unique issue, I have 2 node Windows 2003 x64bit Sp2 failover cluster. I installed one instance of SQL Server 2008 failover cluster on the nodes and its running fine.

Now while installing another instance, I have created the SQL 2008 failover cluster on one node but i am unable to add the second node to this cluster. The following two checks are failing

Cluster_IsWMIServiceOperational Checks whether the WMI service is running on the cluster because Setup is dependent on this service. Failed The WMI service is not running on the cluster node.
    Cluster_RemoteRegistryServiceFacet Checks whether the Remote Registry service is enabled. Failed Remote Registry service is disabled on this computer.

Raza
    Friday, June 26, 2009 6:20 AM

Answers

• Ensure that you are using a domain account which is a local admin on the remote nodes.

Try usign a different account or ensure that your account can logon to the second node. Account lockout is a fairly common cause of this.

Thanks - Vijay Sirohi
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Did you enable firewalls or lock down security since the first install?

Geoff N. Hiten Principal Consultant Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:36 PM

All replies

• You need to enable the two services.
    Monday, June 29, 2009 9:47 PM
  • Both services are enabled, also all the checks pass on one node but not the second node.
    Raza
    Friday, July 10, 2009 6:17 AM
  • please check the detail.txt. I think there should be something useful. Can you pasted the related part?
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, July 10, 2009 7:05 AM
  • Did someone found the solution. I expirienced the same problem :(
    Monday, September 21, 2009 3:10 PM
  • Ensure that you are using a domain account which is a local admin on the remote nodes.

Try usign a different account or ensure that your account can logon to the second node. Account lockout is a fairly common cause of this.

Thanks - Vijay Sirohi
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 2:39 AM
    Answerer
  • Did you enable firewalls or lock down security since the first install?

Geoff N. Hiten Principal Consultant Microsoft SQL Server MVP
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 7:36 PM