Error Installing EATK RRS feed

• Question

• Hope this is the right forum because I'd really like to get EATK up and operational.

For the life of me, I can't seem to get EATK installed properly.  I've done a complete cleanroom on a virtual machine with Windows 2003 SP2 and all patches installed.  I installed SQL Server 2005 std, office, office communicator, .NET 3.5, VSTO 3.5 w/ SP and finally sharepoint.  When I pull up inetmgr, my site shows up with "Sharepoint - 80" - I run the server side installation.

Documentation is a little fuzzy here.  The first time through I assumed it would create the site so I gave it a URL of the form http://mysharepoint:1234/, the SQL Server Name was (local) [also tried localhost, 127.0.0.1 and blank], the owner credentials were a little tricky because I didn't want to use domain credentials, but I used ended up trying both local credentials and domain credentials and my email address.  No dice, it gets an error after installing many things and dumps it in the application event log.

The message on screen reads as follows:

"An exception occurred during the Commit phase of the installation.  This exception will be ignored and installation will continue.  However, the application might not function correctly after installation is complete. --> The site http://mysharepoint:1234/ could not be found in the Web application SPWebApplication Name=EA-Toolkit - 1234 Parent=SPWebService."

Then it unwinds the installation...

Event viewer shows the following:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The site http://ktg-ea:1234 could not be found in the Web application SPWebApplication Name=EA-Toolkit - 1234 Parent=SPWebService.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(SPFarm farm, Uri requestUri, Boolean contextSite, SPUserToken userToken)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSite..ctor(String requestUrl)
       at SharePointInstallerLibrary.InstallSharePointFeature.<>c__DisplayClass11.<OpenSiteAsOwner>b__10()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.CodeToRunElevatedWrapper(Object state)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.<>c__DisplayClass4.<RunWithElevatedPrivileges>b__2()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Utilities.SecurityContext.RunAsProcess(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(WaitCallback secureCode, Object param)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPSecurity.RunWithElevatedPrivileges(CodeToRunElevated secureCode)
       at SharePointInstallerLibrary.InstallSharePointFeature.OpenSiteAsOwner(String SiteUrl)
       at SharePointInstallerLibrary.InstallSharePointFeature.UpdateWebConfigAppSettings(String strUrl, String strConfigName, String strOwner, String strKey, String strValue)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

So am I wrong here?  Do I need to install sharepoint on a different port first, then install EATK overtop of that?  I think I've actually tried that too and it didn't work either.  Overall process is slowly dragging my machine further down a path I dont think it wants (glad its a VPC).

Looks like a great tool to have so I'd appreciate any assistance.

Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:20 PM

All replies

• Yes, you are wrong here. This forum is not related to any product, including products that has "Architecture" in it. 
    Find a Windows installer community to troubleshoot your installation.

MSMVP VC++
    Friday, June 5, 2009 2:30 AM
  • No problem.  I thought as much, but I wasn't able to find any such forum.  I'll keep looking, thanks.
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:01 PM
  • There is a "where is the forum for" forum at the top of the forum's home page if you are lost.
    MSMVP VC++
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Cracker - I wanted to know how your EATK install is going.  We're having a look at it as well and it may be useful to compare notes. 
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:14 PM
  • I was unable to get it to work.  I couldn't find any support for it and eventually gave up.  Shame because it looks like a decent toolkit.
    Thursday, October 1, 2009 6:26 PM