What is the correct code required in Visual Basic to write a hyperlink when using "LinkLabel" (Visual Basic 2008) RRS feed

• Question

• User90317456 posted
    I am using Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition to create a project I am working on. I have used "LinkLabel" in my project which, as you probably know, supports hyperlink. Now I just need to enter the proper code to activate the URL link that I am trying to insert. For example, one LinkLabel I have is for Google. I can't figure out the proper code, does anyone here know what the code is to accomplish this?

Thank you for your time.
    Thursday, October 9, 2008 12:36 AM

All replies

• User-990694832 posted

Well by def label does nothing just shows a value so, i think link button is what is needed.

Hope this helps

DK

Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:21 AM
  • User90317456 posted

Well by def label does nothing just shows a value so, i think link button is what is needed.

There is no Link Button within the tools supplied with the Visual Basic 2008 download.  Would you know how to add it to the tool menu?  The LinkLabel function is supposed to enable you to add a hyperlink to the label.  When you hover your mouse over the label it underlines like hyperlinks do.  Very frustrating because you would think this is very easy to find how to do because of how frequently hyperlinks are use.

Thank you very much for your time, I really appreciate it. [:)]

Thursday, October 9, 2008 8:54 AM
  • User-990694832 posted

After further invesigation, a person needs to bring up a web page using the labelclicked event
    and then in the event System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("TheLink")

Check out

http://visualbasic.about.com/od/usingvbnet/a/linklabel01.htm 

linkbutton is an asp.net contol.

Hope this helps

DK 

Thursday, October 9, 2008 9:03 AM
  • User90317456 posted

Thank you so much DK, my problem has now been solved.  I appreciate your time!

Thursday, October 9, 2008 11:16 PM